We stayed in the small, but very activity town of La Fortuna within site of Arenal Volcano-a must—if the clouds float away?
La Fortuna Suites, ran by Ian and his girlfriend Amanda is a wonderful B & B just a few minutes walk from the hustle and bustle of La Fortuna. Ian is the best host and is willing to make your stay the best just ask him for suggestions. Don’t miss the morning breakfast on the upper level!
In town, you must try the Casado or Comida Tipica (a traditional Costa Rican dish) and is the most common dish you will find in Costa Rica. It consists of beans, rice with finely diced red bell peppers and onions, fried plantains, a cabbage salad with tomato and carrot, and a choice of meat between chicken, fish, pork, or steak with grilled onions. Sometimes the dish will come with avocados.
- Some tours to consider are as follows:
- Giovannis Trails Urban Nature Preserve for the bird lover’s
- A nature hike along El Silencio Reserve
- A full day Boat Tour at Caño Negro Wildlife Refuge
- If you are in for some adventure, consider zip lining through Canopy and Rainforest
Check out other areas of Costa Rica including